20 Feb, 2016
Big marker from small town
Geschrieben von: Blogger In: Uncategorized
In 1633, it was built by the noble family Esterházy, and was also well fortified. Let us not forget that in the mid 17th century, only the Danube river divided the unconquered part of the Hungarian empire from the inscrutable Ottoman empire, and Galanta is only an arm’s length from this river.
… The real disaster came after 1989 for this monument when it was left without an owner and started decaying. Currently, enthusiasts take care of it but this is not enough; it will require enormous resources for it to come anywhere close to its former splendour.
Gefunden in: The Slovak Spectator